Okay, I haven’t totally forsaken the wordpress format, I guess, but I have moved a significant amount of my goings on to a Tumblr site. So check me out over there.
Archive for the ‘Branding’ Category
Posted by evankessler on February 6, 2012
Posted by evankessler on July 17, 2009
First the Sears Tower magically morphs into the “Willis Tower” and now this! On the heels of yesterday’s renaming frenzy, another recognizable landmark has caught “we’re actually not called that anymore” fever. This time it’s not a majestically stoic member of a Chicago skyline, rather it’s a Seattle storefront that helps many local residents get their caffeine fix every morning, afternoon, and night.
In an attempt to possibly convince anti-corporate behemoth joe sippers that it’s just a quaint mom and pop java joint, a Starbucks in the Emerald City is being re-branded with the new moniker; “15th Avenue Coffee and Tea.” The multi-national mega corporation will be removing “visible Starbucks identifiers,” effectively giving it the appearance of a neighborhood hangout complete with live music, beer and wine!
Those efforts will likely not be enough to fool those who normally only support small local businesses as baristas will most likely still respond to an order for a Venti Mocha Soy Chai Latte and know exactly what you’re talking about, despite their efforts to pretend otherwise.
If non-Starbucks really wants to engrain themselves with the neighborhood coffee crowd, they should announce that every night is bad poetry night in the performance space.
- What To Learn From A Brand That Is Trusted Globally? (zestnzen.wordpress.com)
- Starbucks to Offer Wine n’ Cheese? (pamsahota.wordpress.com)
- Starbucks: Natural Infusions Coffee $4.00 Each (forthemommas.com)
- Last blog post from Coffee City: Author of coffee history book to read at Starbucks Olive Way (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
- Carly Simon case against Starbucks dismissed, again (seattletimes.nwsource.com)